First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
The Reality Mining Opportunity
- 20th Century vs. 21st Century Organizations
- Simulations vs. Surveys
- Reality Mining Overview
Mining the Organizational Cognitive Infrastructure
- Previous Inference Work
- Nodes: Knowledge / Context
- Links: Social Networks / Relationships
- Details of Proposed Method
- SNA, KM, Team formation, Ad Hoc Communication, Simulations
- Probabilistic Graphical Models
I’m going to back up a bit now and give a motivation for why this is an opportunity that is currently emerging within the modern workplace –
I’m then going to quickly go over some previous methods for mapping this cognitive infrastructure and then discuss the details of my own system.
Depending on the time I’ll talk about several diverse applications that have presented themselves recently – I know in the abstract I spent a lot of time taking about the potential applications – but as of last week we’ve got our system actually working and the excitement hasn’t worn off yet – so I’ve shifted the focus a bit – and also I’d like to hear from the audience about potential uses for this system.